Seyon Asia Limited
Photo gallery - pictures from the course
Challenge Events & Race Safety
Outline of Race Itinerary
Cost to Participants
Protrek Guilin Weekend Challenge Rules
Day 1 - 9 March, 2002
9 AM Start from a rural village
Total distance: 48 km
Water stops on course: 3
Estimated completion time for 1st team: 4:45
- 5 km trail run to bike transition area.
- Compass reading/navigation skills section as part of the run
- 25 km mountain biking section. Water stop and mental skills test after the first 15 km. (Optional bailout to easier completion of the bike course available here.)
- Native boat paddling - short section testing boat navigation ability. Life jackets must be worn.
- Adventure skills - Easy abseil for one team member. Water stop available. (Optional bailout directly to the Yangshuo hotel available.)
- 18 km trail run in remote valleys.
- 50-meter river swim. Life jackets must be worn. (Time penalty for those who opt not to swim.)
- Finish at riverside village - Collect racer bags. Hot meal, drinks provided. Bus to Yangshuo hotel.
Day 2 - 10 March, 2002
Staggered start from 8 AM based upon previous day finishing times; 9 AM mass start.
Total distance: 25 km
Water stops: 2
Estimated completion time for 1st team: 3:15
- 0.5 km run from hotel to riverside pier.
- 2-3 km native boat paddle to bike transition area. Life jackets must be worn. Water stop.
- 16 km bike ride to water stop and bike drop area.
- Compass reading/navigation skills section as part of the bike ride.
- 6 km trail run that includes 20-minute section through a limestone cave.
- Adventure skills: 85-meter abseil. (Time penalty for teams opting not to abseil.)
- Race finish underneath limestone arch.
- Short downhill walk to collect racer bags and enjoy a meal. Bus back to Yangshuo hotel.